Depending on whether you are filing personal or business taxes, here is a list of all of the 2019 deadlines remaining for the year. The items in red are the remaining items for 2019 – returns that need to be filed or payments that need to be paid.
Estimated 2019 Tax Payments
(IRS Form 1040-ES)
- Was on April 15, 2019
- Was on June 17, 2019
- Was on September 16, 2019
- January 15, 2020
(IRS Form 1065)
- Was due on March 15, 2019
- Extended deadline was on September 16, 2019
Income Tax Returns for Estates and Trusts
(IRS Form 1041)
- Was due on April 15, 2019
- Extended deadline is September 30, 2019
Income Tax Returns for C-Corporation
(IRS Form 1120)
- Was due on April 15, 2019, for C corporations that operate on a calendar year
- Extended deadline is October 15, 2019
- C-corp returns deadline is the 15th day of the fourth month following the end of the corporation’s fiscal year if the corporation is on a fiscal rather than a calendar year.
Income Tax Returns for S-Corporation
(IRS Form 1120-S)
- Was due on March 15, 2019, for corporations on a calendar year
- Extended deadline was due on September 15, 2019
- S-Corp and Partnership Return deadline is the 15th day of the third month following the end of the fiscal year if they are on a fiscal year rather than a calendar year.
Foreign Bank Account Reports
(IRS FinCen Form 114)
- Was due on April 15, 2019
- Extended deadline with Form 1040 is October 15, 2019
Last day to make a contribution to traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Health Savings Account, SEP-IRA, or solo 401(k) for the 2019 tax year.
- You have until October 15, 2019, to fund a SEP-IRA or solo 401(k) if you get an extension.
Remaining 2019 Deadlines (Organized by Date)
October 1, 2019
- Deadline for small employers or self-employed persons to set-up a Simple-IRA.
October 15, 2019
- To file 2018 individual tax returns final extended deadline (Form 1040)
- Last day that the IRS will accept an electronically filed tax return for the year 2018. If you are filing after this date, you’ll have to mail in your tax return for processing.
- If you requested an automatic extension to file, it is the final deadline to fund a 2018 Solo 401(k) or SEP-IRA.
What If You Miss a Date?
You’ll probably be hit with a moderate financial penalty, if only an extra interest charge if you don’t submit your return and any payment due on that return by the deadline. But the IRS should accept your money and your tax return, and that will be the end of it unless there’s another problem.
2020 Tax Planning Meeting
As we approach 2020, it would be a great time to get the help you need to be proactive about organizing and filing your 2019 taxes on time. Contact a full-service public accounting firm that can help you with this goal.
Joshua Wilson, CPA, PC is a full-service public accounting firm that specializes in accounting, tax preparation, tax planning, & business development for small businesses in Winder, GA, and the surrounding areas. Give Joshua a call today to set up a consultation at 770-856-1309 or email him at email@example.com.